(2006) NSB – Columbus, OH
- Created processes to organize Product Maintenance by adding a structured defect identification, mitigation and resolution process. In three months the division went from being named the leading cause of client dissatisfaction to being widely praised by clients and executives for rapid response, clear ETA’s and reliable results.
- Continued role as Manager of Development Support while creating and managing a new department.
(2004 – 2006) NSB – Columbus, OH
Manager of Development Support
- Managed a small team responsible for internal MIS, future technology research, and test lab (including volume test lab) setup, maintenance, configuration and testing.
- Hired excellent talent, spent months training a problem employee before asking them to leave, and turned a small internal support team in to the best technical asset in our organization.
(2001-2004) NSB – Columbus, OH
Technical Team Lead, Level 3 Support
- Highest level support for clients running NSB Connected Retailer, a retail suite running on Windows NT 4.0 through Windows 2003.
- Taught several training classes for clients as well as educating our Montreal office. Reputation as a superior trainer caused training responsibilities to remain though 2006.
(1999-2001) NSB – Columbus, OH
- Built systems (including networked servers, registers and workstations), and worked with clients to plan and implement large-scale installations (some clients have over 1,000 stores).
Education / Certification:
- BA in Computer Science from Earlham College, 1999
- Graduated with Honors
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) for both Windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000.
- Currently attending the University of San Diego’s full time MBA program (3.89GPA).
- In-depth knowledge of Dos and especially Windows NT4.0, 2000, XP and 2003 as well as some experience working in Linux.
- Program primarily in PHP, Perl, and X/HTML plus CSS with familiarity of many other languages
- Work with firewalls (including Cisco), knowledge of TCP/IP networks and security issues.
- Designed, implemented and maintain several websites, including one for a local non-profit (http://www.stophitting.org).
- Expert troubleshooting skills, with over four years of experience helping clients whose networks span the globe as they plan, deploy and install Windows NT4/2000/XP based networks running domains and active directory.
- Work effectively in multiple “emergency” situations, and am used to being available for off-hours support. Regularly managed client demands against internal issues and all of the politics involved in being one of the highest level support personal in a company with limited resources, but very large clients.